Who are Seventh Day Baptists?
Like other Baptists, we believe in:
* salvation by grace through faith in Christ Jesus.
* the Bible as the inspired word of God. The Bible is our authority for our faith and daily conduct.
* baptism of believers, by immersion, witnessing to our acceptance of Christ as Savior and Lord.
* freedom of thought under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
* the congregational form of church government. Every church member has the right to participate in the decision-making process of the church.
The seventh day
God commanded that the seventh day (Saturday) be kept holy. Jesus agreed by keeping it as a day of worship. We observe the seventh day of the week (Saturday) as God's Holy Day as an act of loving obedience - not as a means of salvation. Salvation is the free gift of God through Jesus our Lord. It is the joy of the Sabbath that makes SDBs a people with a difference.
For more information, please visit our denomination's website: